lo Wow… about the HP DeskJet GT 5820
- is the first multifunctional HP that supports ink refills,
- allows you to print from anywhere, wirelessly through the ePrint or WiFi Direct,
- print photos quickly and quietly.
- the ink bottle has a technology free of spills and splashes.
lo Mmm… about the HP DeskJet GT 5820
- is not possible to see the level of ink in MacOS or iOS,
- in addition to the ink heads replace time,
- set the edges of the printed photos can be a complicated task,
- if the appropriate role is not used the results may not be the best.
the first impression about the HP DeskJet GT 5820
A first glance, the printer is very nice. Although the entablacion process requires several steps is not very difficult as long as the user review the instructions (which are very visual and, even, has useful alerts during the process of uncovering the product). The black chassis is very sober and, at first glance, highlights top-up tanks located on the right side. The control panel located on the top of the HP DeskJet GT 5820 is a small screen which includes the vast majority of instructions required to manipulate the printer, as far as possible with a mobile device, and without the aid of a computer.
Although most of the features are configured to operate without cable, if those who act is not an expert in printers, chances are, at some point in the application process, necessarily have to connect the USB cable to connect the multi-functional computer, to take advantage of the advanced features (as share the HP DeskJet GT 5820 network).
The process of removing the HP DeskJet GT 5820 of the box and put it to work.
how is the interaction between the HP DeskJet GT 5820 and mobile devices?
previously it was necessary to have a PC to be able to proceed to interact a printer, and even more so a multifunctional, but the HP DeskJet GT 5820 seems to be quite friendly with mobile devices with Android or iOS system (in case of problems to view the following video about the interaction between mobile devices and the HP DeskJet GT 5820 (, click here ).
how scan on the HP DeskJet GT 5820?
a times is necessary to scan more than one page documents, which usually requires using a PC but, according to HP, the DeskJet GT 5820 is more than ready to perform that task ( troubleshooting to view the following video straight from the #app way, click here ) from mobile devices.
once configured printer, the possibilities are incredible! Is possible print of edge to edge and, in the case of my office, arrived to to do our own cards and the paper gift to wrap details of welfare.
now well; If for many print wirelessly sounds very well, doing so, almost anywhere in the world it sounds even better. Therefore, that the “ePrint”, carried out the task that really draws the attention of the vast majority of potential buyers. Therefore, for the team of TECHcetera, it was necessary to perform several tests in the laboratory in order to achieve the task of printing from different devices just to send an email to a specific email account configured during the process. Within this service options are:
- the possibility of limiting the accounts of senders that can use it
- option to print in color or just black/white
- the size of the paper
- the historic names of the made impressions.
everything seems to work perfectly on the HP DeskJet GT 5820 but…
every device has its side “not so glamorous” and the HP DeskJet GT 5820 is no exception! There are some things that should be considered before using the multifunctional:
- the type of paper or substrate that will be used on prints is very important, you must use one, because otherwise the memories won’t last for posterity. In testing, it is clear that some papers leave much to be desired (because the ink tends to let go or to leave traces when handling photos).
- at the time of display the levels of ink on MacOS or iOS, information for this model does not seem to be available (which is not spent for other models).
- the DeskJet GT 5820 is a bit slow at the moment of printing photos from the #App to #SmartPhones.
- is difficult to control the distribution and the edges that will have the printed sheet to not to use the “AiO Remote” application.
specifications techniques of the HP DeskJet GT 5820
- functions: print, scan, copy,
- connectivity: 1 USB 2.0; WiFi integrated 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Direct,
- speed of printing: black (ISO): up to 8 ppm; Colour (ISO): Up to 5.0 ppm,
- performance of the cartridge: up to 5000 pages black and CMY up to 8000 pages,
- setup time: 10-15 minutes,
- type of head: replaceable,
- durability: black ink smears and drops of water-resistant.
conclusion on the HP DeskJet GT 5820
the HP DeskJet GT 5820 is an option interesting for home and small businesses since, once the configuration, run from the PC or mobile device is relatively easy. In general, after you configure the ePrint experience further enhanced since the printer what to do quickly, even without the help of a PC or a WiFi network.
However, although the quality is good, the issue of having to change heads every time may be a little exclusive, since it leaves out all those users looking to save the most when printing.