Te have another way to check if the iPhone is locked with iCloud
the month of January Apple retired, unexpectedly, the tool which allows users to check the status of activation (Activation Lock) lock on the iPhone.
From that step this is impossible to know if an iPhone that perhaps you’re thinking of buying second hand is locked or not, or whether it is or not stolen. Despite this, today we bring you a alternative method to check the status of activation or Activation iPhone Lock lock.
Many iPhone second hand are sold with the blockade of activation
power option control through iCloud if activation block was or not active in an iPhone allowed users the ability to check if the used iPhone was stolen, which limits the risk of being ripped off.
Despite how useful that was this tool, due to several reasons related to the security, Apple decided to remove this feature.
However for those users who want to buy a second hand iPhone there is a alternative method to check the status of lock or Activation Lock of smart phones from Apple at least until the guys from the Californian firm decide to also remove this tool.
Guide to verify the blockade of activation of find my iPhone or Activation Lock
to check the blockade of activation of find my iPhone have to:
- the first thing is to go to the web page of Apple support (you will see something like above image showing more).
- Here select the option iPhone .
- At this point we select one of the hardware-related options, for example: battery, power supply and load .
- Then select one of the options that are displayed as can not ignite (if you select a different option, you have to check in this gives you the option of sending repair ).
- In the new page are several options, among them you’ll find and select send to repair .
- Now you have to write the IMEI of the iPhone that you want to check.
followed after these steps, after entering the IMEI, on the next page we can view the status of the blockade of activation of find my iPhone or Activation Lock .
It is important to say that this method does not always work. In some cases the site prompts users to initiate session with your ID from Apple, since the company uses it to facilitate assistance to devices connected to iCloud.
Anyway, after the tests we have done, seems to work without any problem or restriction, at least for now.