At the time I managed to solve the problem using Google Drive and other #apps to convert the image file to text, but had to take several turns and some adventures (how to use several programs to digitally cut seals, logos and other elements that generated noise in the process) to achieve this in a fairly effective way .
In the end, the result was not perfect; Therefore, I gave myself the task of finding an option that was not very difficult to use! So I had to license a software, to my worth worth having this type of aid which, in addition to saving time, can eliminate human errors so prevalent in the process of developing new business. After searching a while, I found ABBYY FineReader 14 that, outside of doing the conversion of image to text, allows you to edit, revise, protect, compare, convert PDF files and scanned documents.
As can happen in some programs showing at the start, a sign with a warning, I think it’s worth clarifying that: this article and all its contents do not represent, entirely, TECHcetera nor its partners, as it is, simply, a sample of what I could catch during my brief interaction with #ABBYYFineReader14 software.
I should clarify that the next review was performed with ABBYY FineReader 14 Corporate for Windows, which includes some options not included in the version of FineReader Pro for Mac.
ABBYY FineReader 14 interface
– open: in this part it is possible to view and edit PDF documents or open the editor of OCR to convert documents to PDF, Word, Excel or other image formats and, subsequently, proceed to verify them.
– scan: in this part it is possible to digitize documents, verify the texts recognized by the OCR, make edits manually by areas or types, and finally pass the result to PDF, Word, Excel and other formats of image formats such as. RTF, ODT and others.
ABBYY FineReader 14 tests
- to start the process decided to give you a quick look at the walkthrough of the application, which gave me a general idea of what could be achieved using the software in question.
Given that some automation functions were not me very clear at first glance, I decided to explore for more information on this ( troubleshooting to view the following video about Automation in ##ABBYYFineReader14, please click here) .
- I then proceeded to browse the options of the application since it apparently supports more than 190 languages (since the results of the #OCR largely depend on language which must be converted the texts and, obviously, the quality of the input document, either an image, picture, or file). I was really surprised the amount of options that exist at the level of the: General, image processing, languages, Editor of OCR, formats and other (language of the interface, hardware used for processing and many more).
- Already with clear options, I put hands to work and took some pictures with my #smartPhone in a cookbook double-page and tried to do an OCR process, to convert the details of prescriptions to image. The result was interesting as ABBYY FineReader 14 separated each page and gave me the option to edit the text and include images and tables. Sometimes the software erred when trying to convert some of the titles that were in a difficult to recognize source but, thanks to the option of manual editing, it was easy to make corrections.
- to be very honest , one of the most interesting features for my about ABBYY FineReader 14, was the choice to compare documents in different formats and find differences in an automated process. That not only I can help others in my work when comparing contracts, but also to ensure the quality to perform localization of images. Preliminary tests were satisfactory and, especially for me, it was interesting to see and export the results to be able to inform those responsible for these processes about the necessary corrective
- now well not all the experience with ABBYY FineReader 14 was perfect; the interface sometimes it can be a little confusing since, as various tasks are made, new windows, are opening which can be a little confusing at first.
- Another thing that left me a little disheartened was to warn that some mobile applications of ABBYY, although they are very interesting, are quite expensive.
Conclusion about ABBYY FineReader 14
- as the obligation to make reports of errors in the work of other people
- need to review multiple versions of a particular document collaboratively with others
- constantly having to convert image to text using technology #OCR,
- If you need re-ordenar, edit, compile, add comments, protect with password, filling out forms in PDF and to automate any of these processes.
- If you need to have a software that supports different input and output formats to handle documents and images.
then, if you are reflected in any of the previous cases and have the money to invest in the license of ABBYY FineReader 14 software will be of great help and, undoubtedly, you will save time and much effort.
Now, if you don’t have the budget nor need to do such tasks frequently, is possible that you can get other less efficient software but at a lower cost.